Cycling

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sports Member

A couple of adjustments

HI,

I've just received my 520 Hoprider City Bike and I have it almost set up right for me. A couple of issues/questions:

1. The front chain ring changer is fine when changing up (the bottom lever) but will not change down (the top lever). Can I adjust something to fix this?

2. The pedals provided are far too narrow for my feet. Do you stock/provide wider pedals?

Thanks,

Neil

Occasional Contributor

Re: A couple of adjustments

[ Edited ]

For the front derailleur there should be a barrell adjuster on the shifter. You should try to turn it clockwise a quarter turn at a time.  This will release some tension from the cable and make it easier for the derailleur to shift down.

As for the pedals we have an awesome set of flat pedals, My personal favourites.

You can also give these a go.

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Highlighted
Sports Member

Craig,

I have been away on work for a couple of weeks and only just got back to take a proper look at my bike. On the first quick test ride I heard a rhythmic clicking and on further inspection found that two spokes in the back wheel (next to the valve) are bent and the wheel is out of true. I don't think that I have ridden it enough (2km max on flat roads) for me to have caused it. Also, when it arrived it had a large hole in the box and the paint had been scraped off in a couple of places on the head set (like someone has had it upside down on the ground).

Is it possible that I have been sent a bike that someone else has returned?

Neil

Occasional Contributor

It is highly unlikely that the bike has been used before.  When a customer returns a bike it is generally destroyed as we dont sell second hand bikes.

As for the paint issue, this may have happened in transit.

If you are not happy with the condition the bike was in when you recieved it, then you can of course return it to your local store for either a full refund or a like for like swap. 

Be carefull though as the return policy only gives you 365 days to return the item. Smiley Wink

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Top Tags
Top contributors