Cycling

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Ali
Sports hub Partner

Free services for a new bike - when are these available ?

I recently bought a Triban 520 but I'm not sure when I can get a free service is this within the first 3 months and is there another within 6 months or is there just the one free service ?

Also Edinburgh Decathlon don't seem to like booking a bike in for a service and asked if I could just drop it off one day. I use the bike every day so it's not too handy to drop it off and get in back in maybe 2 or 3 days depending on the repair shops workload, I'd much rather book it in and get it back on the same day. Is this standard practice at Decathlon or do I need to push them to book it in on a particular day ?

Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Free services for a new bike - when are these available ?

[ Edited ]

Hey @robasnett & @Craig, what would you say?

Amateur Player

Hello Ali,

The free service that we offer is just 1 service at any point between 3 & 6 months.

As for booking in your service, most stores, especially the smaller ones will need you to drop the bike off with them and leave it as they don't have a specific workshop team. By you leaving the bike with them it will allow them to do the job when it is best for them as they may be busy elsewhere on the cycles department.

We do on the odd occassion do book it in on specific days but this is only when a customer is traveling a long distance, even then we ask for the bike for a few hours at minimum.
B'Twin Product Expert, Decathlon Tamworth
Sports Member

Sorry to bump this thread, but has this policy changed, i bought a bike in the middle of march, i have been unable to get to a store as i live quite a distance away, and also been out the country. the bike is now 4 months old, but looking on the decathlon site it looks like the policy has now changed to only 3 months? i take it i have lost out on my free service unless it is done as goodwill?

Occasional Contributor

Hi @masher

To the best of my knowledge this has not changed.

Any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Top Tags
Top contributors
User Medals Count