Cycling

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Sports hub Partner

How do I adjust the handle bar height on a B'TWIN 540 MTB?

Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How do I adjust the handle bar height on a B'TWIN 540 MTB?

Hey @robasnett & @Craig, any tips Smiley Happy?
Amateur Player

Hello Ashleylivesey,

To adjust the bar height you will need to loosen the 2 bolts at the side of the stem, they are a 4mm allen key, then undo the top bolt which is a 5mm allen key.

You'll then need to decide how much you wish to raise it by, it can be to a maximum of 30mm.

The below link will show you how to change it to certain heights:
http://www.btwin.com/themes/btwin-2016/img/rr-520/composition/btwin-rockrider-520-540-potence-schema...

You will then need to tighten the 5mm bolt, not too tight, too tight and you will crush the bearings and the steering will be very heavy, not enough and you will have play in the bearings, so try and remember how tight they were when you undid the top bolt.

After that then tighten to the 2 4mm bolts on the side of the stem.

Hope this helps!
B'Twin Product Expert, Decathlon Tamworth
Sports hub Partner

The two pinch bolts are easily loosened but then how do I do the same for the top bolt as it is covered with a lid.How do I ope it to loosen or tighten the top bolt? Thanks in advance

Sports hub Partner

[ Edited ]
There's a small rubber cap which can be easily removed with a finger nail - revealing the 5mm bolt mentioned above... 👍 I've taken a couple of pictures and added them to a public album on my account should, click if you think it'll help :-)
Top Tags
Top contributors
User Medals Count