Cycling

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PAW
Sports hub Partner

What Bike?

I was looking at the W'TWIN Triban 540 Flat Bar road bike in my local store, they do not have it on line. I am planning to undertake Lands End to John O'Groats this year with a friend of mine. I am currently training on an old mounting bike with road tyres on but I like the very low gears for hills. Will this bike be ok for this trip? Will it be able to carry lugguage ok? Should I get a granny gear added to the back sprocket (not sure of the technical term)? I am 5' 8" tall the frame size by the chart says either a small or medium fram, I tried a medium fram in the shop but also tried out a large frame which I found more comfortable any thoughts or ideas on these questions would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Occasional Contributor

Re: What Bike?

hi @PAW

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

The Triban 540 Flat Bar would be fine for doing Lands End to John O'Groats.

I own the drop bar version of this bike and have done thousands of miles on her only having 2 services a year.  The frame is comfortable on long trips and the shimano Tiagra groupset is pretty solid.  Adding a pannier to this bike would not be an issue and I have seen people who have added a trailer so they can tow their camping equipmet.

Hope this helps.

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Top Tags
Top contributors