Cycling

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sports Member

can I fit an 11-32 cassette to the Ultra 720 AF

Hi I do a lot of serious hills in Scotland and Im getting older and finding it tough!! can I swap the 11-28 rear cassette to an 11-32? Worried that the cage might not accept the larger rear cog. Any advice gratefully received

Thanks Patrick

Sports hub Partner

Re: can I fit an 11-32 cassette to the Ultra 720 AF

Hi, did you ever get an answer to this question as I'm looking to do the same switch to an 11x32 cassette. I phoned my local Decathlon store and the message came back as "it should be ok". I was hoping for something more definitive!
Sports Member

Re: can I fit an 11-32 cassette to the Ultra 720 AF

Hi Astilla

No never got an answer but went ahead anyway and switched the cassette on the bike to a Shimano Ultegra 11-32. Absolutely brilliant swapped over easily and hardly had to adjust the cable at all it just popped in and worked perfectly. Best decision I have made for ages as that extra gear at the bottom end makes even some of the evil hills on West coast of Scotland easy. I very rarely drop right down but it's nice knowing it's there if things get tough!! So I say go ahead you won't regret it. Absolutely love the bike and my mates think it's much better speced and much better value than their bikes costing much more. Happy riding!!

Best wishes Patrick 

Top Tags
Top contributors
User Medals Count