Fitness

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sports Member

LA Fitness and their shady membership policies (somewhat long)

Hi,

Almost a year after joining the gym my girlfriend and I moved in together. Since we moved to an area where there was no LA Fitness near by, I decided I was going to cancel my membership. LA Fitness has a website where you can supposedly manage your account. Although you can change your billing information on this site, you are not able to cancel your membership. What you are able to do is suspend your membership, which lowers your monthly payment to around $10 a month. In order to cancel your membership you have to print out a form from their site and mail it in. This process, if I remember right, takes no less than 30 days. Therefore, you're going to end up paying for at least one more month's fees. I decided to call the location where I originally signed up to have them cancel my membership. They told me they couldn't do anything for me and that I would have to get the form from their website and mail it in. What kind of B.S. is this? I can sign up in person, but I can't cancel in person?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=244150

Marketing Communication Examples

Thanks

Top contributors