Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
CHD
Decathlon Employee

Customize my Town9 scooter?

Hello 

I would like to customize my Town 9 with different color, do you think it is possible? change the color for example? where I can do it?

I like this scooter, stable and I like to much the confortable Handle!

CHD

I LOVE SPORT EVERY SPORT!!
Rad
Customer Loyalty Team Customer Loyalty Team

Re: Customize my Town9 scooter?

Hi @CHD,

Great idea! I would love to customise my Town9 as well. I am currently looking for some led lights as I saw someone with it and it looked amazing! It would also help being more visible when coming back home from work. 

Unfortunately, at the moment Decathlon does not have too many accessories available. You can choose from lights, bags, rack and child carrier (please see the link --> http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-868463-scooter-accessories) but in terms of colours, you can only choose from already existing ones (white and dark grey/titanium for Town9 and grey, black and light grey/chrome for Town7). It would be great if new collection could introduce stickers or something similar which would allow to change the colour so that you would not have to buy a whole new scooter.

Sorry couldn't help more!

Occasional Contributor

You can of course change the colour of the frame by either powder coating or painting it.  This will not effect the warranty on the mechanical parts.

(I had a quick word with the Oxelo NSM)

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Rad
Customer Loyalty Team Customer Loyalty Team

[ Edited ]

Hi @Craig,

Thank you so much for this information- I did not know you can do it. I will start looking for nice colour and some technician as if I will do it myself, my scooter will be destroyed..  Will share a picture once it's done. Smiley Happy

Have a good day all!

Occasional Contributor

One thing I will add is that you should really have your local Decathlon Mechanic take the scooter apart before the colour change and re-assemble it afterwards.

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Community Manager Community Manager

How about adding a kids step to the town 9 so we can take our kids for a ride when we are out and about...
CHD
Decathlon Employee

It is incredible, the worshop technicien can do it for me?

And concerning painting, I need to find a paint bomb or a garage ? It will be very expensive?

It is my dream!

CHD

CHD
Decathlon Employee

Is it diffuclt to install it? I am not a manual person, someone can help me?

CHD

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would always suggest that a Decathlon Technician do all the mechanical work. 

As long as you have a shed or a garage re-painting is something you can try yourself.  Wear some old clothes and use a dust mask.  Make sure you either move valubale items out of the paint area or cover them.

Paint isn't really that expensive and can usually be purchased from automotive parts stores.  Use a 800 grit wet and dry emery paper and give every part you wish to paint a good sanding.  You dont have to go down to bare metal but you do need to create a surface that the new paint can grip onto.  Use a primer designed for the final colour you wish to use.  Try not to get any paint in the threads or you'll need to run a tapping tool through them.

Remember that the curing time for paint varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.  You can speed the drying time up by keeping the painted parts in a warm room or by using a heat lamp.  Do not use a hairdryer or anything similar as this can push the paint and destroy the finish.

YouTube has lots of videos showing you how to use spray/rattle cans.  Its easier than you think.

Just for fun, I'll repaint mine as well.  Smiley Very Happy

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Occasional Contributor

Thought i'd share the progress.  Scooters in bits ready for sanding.

20160318_122456a.jpg20160318_145620a.jpg

Craig
Workshop Technician
Decathlon Coventry
Top Tags
Top contributors