Running

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Decathlon Employee

Best brand for running shoes

Which is your favourite brand for running shoes?

Umpire

Re: Best brand for running shoes

I'm interested in this too!

Currently using my bog standard workout shoes for the treadmill, and slowly considering tackling the outdoors. Scary!

Community Manager Community Manager

@vamma

I ran my 1st half marathon in Nike running shoes, as I was naive and thought these would be the best.

However, after getting my gait analysis done in the Decathlon Giltbrook store and testing a few shoes, the most supportive and comfortable for me, was the Kalenji SD, see below the link:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/kiprun-sd-mens-2016-id_8351466.html

Sports Member

I run my first 10k run (Wolf Run) in Adidas shoes.But... I had to throw them away as they destroyed my tight.

Then bouht old model of Kalenji LD shoes ( model from 3 years ago) and they were amazing!! So light,so comfy. Design was pretty bad but at the end of the day comfort was more important for me.

After many trainings and 2 marathons had to change my good,old shoes so I bought Kalenji LD (last year model). They were fine but... a bit too heavy and not soft enough.

Now I run in Kalenji LD 2016 and I love them. So good!! Love them. Design is great, light and soft.

I read reviews on the most known running website in Poland and they are beating some other brands as well!

Community Manager Community Manager

I always bought Asics until I discovered the new Kalenji LD. They are brilliant for long distance running... ultra comfortable for long runs... and more importantly affordable...

Sports hub Partner

I suppose the real answer that the best brand is the one that fits your foot best. It will also vary according to your running needs. My current preference is for ON running shoes for road, Pearl Izumi for normal trail and Altra for ultra marathons.
Sports Member

For me it's Solomon speed cross for trail and fell running and saucony omni for everything else. My current pair have done over 600 miles in the last 9 months and NO BLISTERS😎 I have also had brookes ghosts but we're too narrow for my feet. Have yet to try a decathlon brand of shoe but like their prices. If anyone has done high mileage in them I would love to know!
Sports Member

I use asics kayano as they are the only shows I've found worth a great level of stability. I've tried many different makes. All leave me injured. I'll not change to anything else again.
Sports Member

A big fan of Asics Kayano shoes here, i'd like to know what the equivalent Kalenji shoe is and if anyone rates them?

Decathlon Employee

Hi Johnny

Try the new Kiprun Ld http://www.decathlon.co.uk/kiprun-ld-mens-2016-id_8351791.html and you will be very happy with this shoe!

Top Tags
Top contributors