Running

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager Community Manager

Road or Trail

What do people prefer, Road or Trail Running?

_DM48928.jpg

Decathlon Employee

Re: Road or Trail

I like both but doing more road running at the moment due to weather conditions and only being able to run at night... 

Need to get some better trail shoes though!

Sports hub Partner

Kieran

It has to be trail, tougher conditions! Makes the road races suddenly feel much easier! Grab a decent Head torch and head to the woods!!

Highlighted
Store Managers

If I didn't have ankles made out of jelly then I would say trail. Unfotunately years of sprains have kept me on the road! 

Sports Member

Trail all the way for me, much prefer the softer terrain, and a good head torch means night runs too
Sports hub Partner

[ Edited ]

I like both but mainly run on road due to limited trails near my home, in an ideal world though I love running around hilly mountainous areas (but probably getting a little old for that Smiley Wink)

Sports Member

Having only ever ran on roads and the odd park trail I recently took to the mourne mountains for what I can only describe as a walk run.All the intentions of running but the gadients beat me into a canter and a walk/climb at times.Felt different muscles hurting mainly in my thighs and stomach.No back pains like I find on medium distance road runs.I do the odd triathlon and alot of cycling so definitley doing moe off road running in the future.

Sports hub Partner

Has to be trail for me!

I run with my huskies, so no road (or as little as possible) and we preferlong distance/endurance events

Top Tags
Top contributors