Running

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Decathlon Employee

Welcome from Rob, Running Community Leader

Hi folks,

Welcome to the Decathlon Running Community discussion boards.

My name is Rob and I am here to talk all things RUNNING.

My passion for running began at the age of 18 when I discovered I had a local parkrun on my doorstep. Since then and over 200 parkruns later I have become a lot more engaged in my local running community. In 2011 I joined Burnden Road Runners, becoming chairman of the club in 2013. After seeing the positive benefits that parkrun had locally I became race director for the Bolton event in 2015 and continue to volunteer regularly.

Burnden Road RunnersBurnden Road RunnersIn my current role at Decathlon and for the past 5 years I have had the pleasure of working in the running department; sharing my passion for running with others. To coincide with my role in the Bolton store I am also the UK product trainer for running. This means I am lucky enough to meet the running brands, test their products and in turn train my fellow colleagues on the products available to customers.

As we know there are many disciplines in the vast world that is running and It's great to see that we already have some discussions on the go. I hope that my experiences on the road, trails, x-country and fells can add to this growing community.

I can't wait to join in.

Top Tags
Top contributors