Running

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Sports Member

shoes for over pronators

Hi, can anyone tell me what running and walking shoes are good for over pronators?

The link on the over pronators page doesn't work, which is helpful!

Need new shoes to help recover from an endurance event injury

thanks

Community Manager Community Manager

Re: shoes for over pronators

Hello @weener and welcome on the community!
For over pronators shoes I would recommend the Asics gel Kayano! Really made for runners with an over-pronator stride

(http://www.decathlon.co.uk/gel-kayano-22-id_8350968.html)

You can try them in store and don't hesitate to ask there for further advice! I hope this will help you
Maelys
Sports hub Partner

Re: shoes for over pronators

Hi Weener,

As someone who seriously extremely over pronates, the best shoes that I have found to improve the situation are barefoot or minimalist shoes as the work n strenghtening the muscles in you legs to correct the situation. I was very sceptical about all of this as I used to spent around £80 - £130 on structured and stability shoes mainly from the high end of the Asics range but I always found that I either had injuries or knee pain. One of the things to consider is how you are running, mainly how do you plant your feet during running. I know there has been a lot of debate on this subject but I'm speaking from my personal experience as yours will probably be different. If you wear structured or stability shoes and heel strike when you run, you are put too much vibration through your gait alignment, which already would be compromised by the overpronation and cause pain and potential injuries. Forefoot striking requires the appropriate muscle to work more efficiently and as designed. My structured or stability control your foot and weakens the surrounding muscles. From what I can see in Decathlon I probably would go with the Nike Flex Run but obviously you have to feel comfortable with them. Ciao

Top Tags
Top contributors